Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Before He Cheats

He cheated. Six months ago.
Not your normal affair with sex.
An affair of the heart, although he wasn't really into her. Maybe it was supposed to be sexual.
I think he was just lonely.
No excuses!
He was on vacation at his home in Florida. I wasn't able to take time off work to accompany.
He took her on a date. The bitch rode in MY seat on his motorcycle! They went on a ride.
Apparently they kissed.
Nothing else.
I found out because the tramp was calling at 3 AM while I am laying in bed next to him.
I confronted him and eventually got it out of him.
I won't go into details of why I believe nothing more happened at that time, but I do believe it.
Mainly because she is psycho!
Drunk dialing me. ME- his girlfriend asking if I am with him! Crying, telling me that I need to move on. After I have 3 years invested and she had met him twice!
Frustration ensues!
That was over. We moved on together.
Things were good, then they turned very ugly. In fact, it didn't have to do with her at all.
At least not directly. The events that followed that resulted in a bad break up would never have happened if he would have never met her or gotten involved.
We both had a difficult time for a couple of months.
The healing began and we could be friendly.
We became very friendly and began seeing each other again. This time my wall was still up.
I told him that I still planned on moving south. Way south.
We could hang, go out and have the ever amazing sex we always did. But that was it.
I couldn't let myself go again. I couldn't run the risk of losing him again. It would destroy me.
That really bothered him. That I had my wall up. He didn't want me to go.
Funny.
The only reason I needed to go was there was too much of us in this city. I would be leaving for the same reason I would stay.
I needed a reason to stay.
I stayed... For now.
We are together.
During the time that we were finding our friendship, he went to Florida.
We were not together then.
I called an old friend.
So did he.
Was I wrong to be so upset that he chose this ragged old bar whore for the bootie call when it affected me so personally?
My friend is a very old dear friend that there are no emotions tied to. Boyfriend has never met him, not have I ever cheated on boyfriend.
Again, we weren't together when this happened. I am still disgusted by it.
We have moved on. Things are good.
We have gone on several trips.
Thrown Parties.
Planning on more trips. Even the possibility of moving in together.
I need to learn to trust.
He is in Florida now.
I couldn't get off work. I know that if I on the spur of the moment flew down there, it would be no problem.
But what about before, when I am not there.
How much do I trust?
When do I know that he has proven himself?
I don't think I will ever know.

1 comment:

Plantation said...

Hmmmm, I gotta tell ya, I don't like the sound or feel of this situation. I think you haven't gotten back to the 'trust stage' for good reason. I think you need to ask yourself if you can ever get there. If not, what is the point. Time to move on.

Still glad you wrote me???