Friday, October 5, 2007

Best Week Ever Part 2

Thursday September 27, 2007



Today was my mom's 60th birthday. I will get to that in the next post. It was also my highschool's homecoming parade.



I just transfered my son to the district where I grew up in due to his former school's decline in education, accreditation, and funding. I wasn't happy in my neighborhood anymore either. I have moved back in with mom temporarily, not for financial need per se, but for convenience. I am trying to sell my house and while I am still paying those bills, I can not afford a place to rent or consider buying at the time.



I put my son in Boy Scouts for the first time. So far, he loves it. His first event was the Homecoming Parade. I can't begin to tell you about his excitement. He was so serious! The parade route goes right past our house. In order for me to get home and park, I had to go directly from work there. My mom, who had dinner plans with friends that evening took my son to the start point of the parade at a local church. He was a bit upset Grandma wouldn't see the whole parade, but he got over it quick. That's my boy- resilient!



Thunder and I made dinner while waiting for the parade to come by. It was exciting! Every year I watch it, I get very nostalgic and wish to be back in highschool. It is always a quick thought! Towards the end of the parade the "Boy Scout Pack ###" trucks came by. There was my boy: saluting! I couldn't have been prouder! He has finally found a "group". At that moment another reason why I love my son came to mind.

He is proud to be an American and a dutiful one at that!

No comments: